Sun, 17 Jul|
SHARP excavation Site (follow AA signs)
SHARP Archaeological Festival - Free Admission
We have a whole series of activities, displays and talks about our research, along with the chance to see our excavations at first hand, as well as our recent finds. Plus plenty of activities to engage children.
Time & Location
17 Jul 2022, 10:00 – 16:00
SHARP excavation Site (follow AA signs), Boneyard Field, Off Snettisham Road, Sedgeford, Hunstanton PE36 5NE, UK
About The Event
In addition to guided talks around our main excavation area, main activities will include:
· Displays of the latest research including our new human remains project
· Demonstrations including geophysics, and the latest in archaeological photogrammetry
There will be plenty for the kids to do with children’s activities including
· Mock battle with foam swords
· Costume competition (with prizes) – dress as character through time an Egyptian, Roman, Saxon etc
· Craft activities
· And even a excavation trench for kids of all ages
Our onsite caterers will also be selling refreshments and cake.
The event itself if free (although some activities are charged). We have arranged a car park close to the site which is charged at £3 for the full day (free to the friends of SHARP). All money raised during the day helps fund the research project.