SHARP Archaeological Festival - Free Admission
Time & Location
About The Event
In addition to guided talks around our main excavation area, main activities will include:
· Displays of the latest research including our new human remains project
· Demonstrations including geophysics, and the latest in archaeological photogrammetry
There will be plenty for the kids to do with children’s activities including
· Mock battle with foam swords
· Costume competition (with prizes) – dress as character through time an Egyptian, Roman, Saxon etc
· Craft activities
· and even a excavation trench for kids of all ages
Our onsite caterers will also be selling refreshments and cake.
The event itself if free (although some activities are charged). We have arranged a car park close to the site which is charged at £3 for the full day (free to the friends of SHARP). All money raised during the day helps fund the research project.
- SHARP Archaeological Festival£0£00£0