Please note that:
- All of our courses have a maximum number of people per week (see individual course page for details) and a minimum number of 4. Places are allocated on a ﬁrst come/ﬁrst served basis.
- Although we endeavour to avoid changes to our courses, we reserve the right to do so where necessary.
- Courses will be cancelled only under extreme circumstances, where alternative arrangements cannot be made or if numbers for the course are insufﬁcient. In such cases a full refund will be given.
Come study with us...
Archaeology is a subject that appeals to all kinds of people. SHARP is particularly keen in giving people who have that interest the opportunity to take it further. If you have ever visited an archaeological excavation or watched one on television and wanted to try it for yourself, then at SHARP we can give you that opportunity.
We run week-long Basic Excavation & Recording Techniques courses that give you all the skills and knowledge required to work on an archaeological excavation. If you want to get a feel for the excavation experience, we offer 'Dig For A Day' courses as well.
If you are interested in our work but do not fancy digging, join one of our week or day courses which we run throughout our excavation season. We offer a variety of courses that cover the theoretical and practical aspects of archaeology.
Click on the course name below to ﬁnd out more information. We will be adding further courses to the list in the near future.
Week Long Courses
- Basic Excavation & Recording Techniques
- Pottery in Archaeology
- Environmental Archaeology
- Studying Bones - An Introduction to Osteo-archaeology
- Further Studies in Human Remains
- Landscape Archaeology
- Medieval Archaeology
- Everyday Life in Sedgeford